Fellow blogger Annet Bell, who wrote some amazing stories about her time in India in talesalongtheway.wordpress.com, nominated me for two awards a couple of days back.
I read through the rules (quite excitedly I must confess), and realised I don’t get a trophy or a figurine! Hmmm.. now that’s a bummer, as I spent the first 30 seconds after reading that post thinking of places where I could display it! Stupid Anamika!
Of course, I now realise what a huge confidence booster these two awards are…however virtual they might be. So thank you Annet for thinking of me while nominating! 🙂
Section 1: Directions for you to accept the Sunshine Award and 1-4 for the Inner Peace Award.
To accept this award, please do the following:
- Display the Award on your Blog.
- Announce your win with a post and thank the Blogger who awarded you.
- Present 10 deserving Bloggers with the Award – “who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.”
- Link your nominees in the post and let them know of their award with a comment.
- Write 10 interesting things about yourself.
Ten interesting things about me (I am gonna keep it short):
1. I live in Dehradun (India) and find it too cold.
2. Which is why I can’t stop sneezing.
3. I love cats.
4. I am allergic to cats’ fur 😦 .
5. Which is another reason why I can’t stop sneezing.
6. I love reading books.
7. Cookery, travel and sitcoms are my fav shows.
8. I love maggi noodles (very very popular in India, not with moms though).
9. I can sleep for hours, even if I am not exhausted.
10. I am very very lazy… but you probably got that by point no.9 :).
Section 1a: Directions for you to accept the “Inner Peace” Award + 1-4 above.
The only “rule” for the Inner Peace Award is that you write a short piece on why you are accepting it. I am giving each of you the choice of one or the other of these awards , or both as you decide. Nominate 3- 10 nominees as examples of Inner Peace.
To be honest, the reason I am accepting this award is because it is the first one I received since I started blogging, and I would be a fool to not accept it (even if the title has nothing to do with me 😛 ). No seriously, I am anything but at peace inside, and the only thing I can related it with is Kung Fu Panda! 😛
My nominations for the Sunshine Award and Inner Peace Award:
Warning… if you do accept this award, there goes one hour of your time in writing this acceptance post. Pretty much like the never ending thank you speech after Oscars. 🙂 Cheers!